DAGOU - 17 Y/O - ANTWERP

Tumblr
dagou_t@hotmail.com

Saturday, May 3, 2014

EMOTIONAL BOYS AND MORE




If I asked you if you knew Jonatan Leandoer Hastad, would that name ring a bell?
Probably not.
What if I asked you about Yung Lean?
Yung Lean is a 17-year old Swedish rapper, living in Stockholm. He has been active since 2011, but became an internet hype in 2013. 
His raps contain wavy beats, autotune voices and references to the earlier 00's and could be labeled as cloud rap or trap rap. Together with his team of Sad Boys (producers Yung Gud, Yung Sherman and friends) he is changing hip hop and taking over the world, wearing bucket hats, armed with Arizona Ice Tea. 
His raps are about being sad, having sexual intercourse with a Zooey Deschanel look-alike, Mario Kart and Nike shirts.

Yung Lean's debut Unknown Death 2002 was released in July 2013 and is currently his only album. I think a new one is coming soon, since he has been releasing a few new songs lately. Yung Lean's White Marble Tour through Europe just ended and I loved it. I never thought that he had this many fans in Belgium, thought he was more 'underground', but I was wrong: the place was packed and actually way too small!
For those who haven't figured it out yet, I'm a big fan of Yung Lean and his Sad Boys, and I hope that there's much more dope music to come.

My fave Yung Lean songs

You like Yung Lean? 
Wait, there's more to come! 

I recently  discovered rapper/singer Spooky Black. The 16-year old boy has a voice of which James Blake would be jealous,  wears more durags than R Kelly and has songs that make you miss your first girlfriend.
I absolutely love this guy, because his music sounds refreshening and nostalgic at the same time.
His first album Black Silk contains slow, sexy beats, 90's RnB refferences and emotional lyrics about his ex-girlfriend.

Check out Spooky Black's Without You:





Love,


Dagou

No comments:

Post a Comment